My name is Tobias Hill and I live with my wife, two kids and a dog, in Stockholm, Sweden.
Most of all I am a curious nerd who loves learning / building new things. Ever since the 8-bit-era1 I have built software and have also done some 20 years as a consultant for various clients in various roles. During that time a bunch of hobby software projects also saw the light of day. A few mediocre, some ok, a fraction successful ones2.
As a software developer I …
- … am a strong proponent of minimalism (as in simplest viable solution … always).
- … prefer to drive development from hypotheses very close to the business. Measurable small business steps.
- … have a strong focus on getting things done and the stamina to take it all the way from a fragment of an idea to a release or deployment. (If you have 10 minute to spare you are welcome to have a look at what I said about this on Agila Sverige 2014).
I am also one of the proud founders of the extraordinary software company, Citerus AB, which has been a substantial part of the agile movement in Sweden. There I was a cultivator / servant leader (consultant, developer, recruiter, sales, coo) for 22 years. What I am most proud over with Citerus is the altruistic non-ego never-ending-curious passionate let-us-all-build-better-software-culture that was carefully nurtured over those years. Still, 22 years is a long time why I decided to leave in the summer of 2018.
For the time being I do consultancy work via my company Tailworks AB.
My current main interests are: Machine learning (hence this blog), Programming, CrossFit™, Trail-running, Cooking, Craft beer, Typography, Photography, Light & Nature.
Feel free to reach out:
- Email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tobiashill/
- CV: https://cv.tobiashill.se
- The 8-bit-era was all about the C64 for me. To my surprise I found demo code I made when I was 17 years old in a compilation someone uploaded to youtube. Here. For the sake of modern archeology. And vanity. Starting at 02:10. A ball bouncing in a net. https://youtu.be/jXeMtKrqtFY?t=128
- Notably I wrote the game WordBrain for smartphones which became a big hit (it has been ranked the number 1 word-game in 110 countries).